Friday, December 4, 2015

A Prayer During Morning Walks

Lord have mercy,
Christ have mercy.
Lord have mercy on us all.

I ask your blessing, Lord, on all in need,
especially on those 
struggling to remain with you,
struggling to return to you,
struggling to come to you for the first time.

I ask your blessing
on my family and friends, 
on those who call themselves our enemies,
on all those with whom I have worked,
on all the children and innocents of the world.
All those sick and in pain,
hungry and thirsty.
All those tired,
without work, without homes,
without families, without hope.
All those abandoned,
all those forgotten,
all those ridiculed,
all those ignored,
all those held in shadow, unable to move into light.

I ask your blessing on my little place, this day and night.
Keep it safe, and warm and dry,
peaceful and quiet.
Protect it from all harm.

I ask your blessing on my neighbors.
Keep them safe.

And I ask your blessing on me, Lord,
this day and night, on the road and
at whatever work I do.
Please keep me safe; protect me from all harm.
Strengthen me in your service.
Strengthen me for the passage ahead.
Heal my body, my mind, and my spirit.
Shelter me in your arms, and protect me from
the snares and cunning of the Devil.
And if at times, today or tonight,
I seem to have forgotten you,
I have not.
And I beg you not forget me.

All this I ask in your name,
your glorious and eternal name.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment