Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Noble Horse

This is the bicycle I've had for over twelve years. One of the models designed by the Gary Fisher company, it has been thoroughly customized by me, the most drastic modification being the handle-bars and the addition of a cargo rack. These photos were taken in 2015.






Called a Nirvana, it's been my sole form of transportation for that entire time. In any given year I've used it for at least 340 days. A conservative estimate of how far I've ridden it stands at approxi-mately 12,500 miles. Not bad for an initial purchase price of $450. Add the cost of replacement parts and modifications and repairs - a bit over $1,000 - and the yearly outlay of $120 seems pretty reason-able, especially for the amount of sheer pleasure it's given me.




No comments:

Post a Comment